Monday, June 4, 2012

Vintage Shopping Finds of the Week


Ah...vintage shopping recently came up with some interesting finds.  You know I just love this stuff and have to share it with everyone.  Above is the Stickmuster-Buch Embroidery Pattern Book No. 982.  This is German in origin.  I could not find another of the same number on the internet, but a similar Stickmuster-Buch book I found online dates to the 1880's.  Pretty neat!


The embroidery designs inside fold out, accordion style.


Here's a view of the designs on the back side.


This sheet of border designs was my favorite.  I especially like the one on the top.


Moving on into the 20th century, I just couldn't resist this Salem Mini Sew-R Sewing and Marking Kit "as seen on TV".  It's so retro looking!  I couldn't quite date this either, but it appears to be from the early 1970's.  All the directions and pieces are included in the box.  I really like the scalloped edge ruler.  It looks like it could be useful for something.


Wes brought home this Miniature Quilts book by Margaret Boyles.  How handy, since I am working on some tiny ACEO Mini Quilts at the moment.  I hope to find some good tips for miniature quilt construction in this book.  Visit the new shop section, ACEO Mini Quilts to see what I have made so far.  These tiny collectible quilts measure 2-1/2" x 3-1/2".

Eeek!  Only 3-1/2 more days of school for the kids here...summer is coming.

Until next time...have a super day!

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog, especially the embroidery pattern book and th miniature quilts book!

    ReplyDelete