Wednesday, June 13, 2012

National Sewing Machine Day 2012

It's National Sewing Machine Day!  If you need an excuse to go out and purchase a new machine, this is it!  My children informed me that it is also National Clean Out Your Belly Button Day.  So, clean out that lint!  From your machine and your belly button.  They kind of go together, eh?

 Elna Quilter's Dream

Here's my newest sewing machine, the Elna Quilter's Dream.  I've had it for about a month and it so blows away my old machine.  The more I use it, the more I love it.  It has so many nice functions that I didn't have on my old machine, a gazillion new stitches to try out, speed control, and more.  I could not make the tiny ACEO mini-quilts without this machine.

 Holly Hobbie Sewing Machine

My most recent addition to the toy machine collection is this cute Holly Hobbie machine.  I remember having a Holly Hobbie doll and also carrying my books to school in a Holly Hobbie style book bag.  She's lookin' good!

Singer Featherweight 221

I think I showed a pic of this machine last year, but I just love this new shot of my Featherweight with the original can of oil, and accessories box posing with the Ice Pellets Quilt.  Looks like a million!  I have been using the Featherweight regularly lately, toting it to and from quilting group.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super National Sewing Machine Day!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment