Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ACEO's - the Addiction!

 Oak Leaf Reel with Cut Flowers

ACEO's - the Addiction!  That title sounds bad, eh?  I better reiterate what an ACEO is.  ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals.  It's basically a 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" trading card that people collect.  I've started making quilty ACEO's, and I just love it.  

 Oak Leaf Reel close-up

They are tiny, quick, and fun to make.  Here's a close-up shot of my second ACEO, Oak Leaf Reel.

 Oak Leaf Reel with Vintage Irons

And here's a pic of the Oak Leaf Reel with a few of my favorite things.  You can really get an idea of the size of it in this photo with the two irons.  I love these two irons.  The large one is so ornate, and has a great star on top, and the miniature iron is so mini!  And it's made of genuine iron material - LOL!


My third ACEO, Beryl's Tulip Basket was made during the deluge of Tropical Storm Beryl.

 Beryl's Tulip Basket - Woodland Pic

Today's another rainy day - "Drismal" as my weatherman would say.
But a happy day, too.  My 7 y.o.'s little league baseball team, the White Sox, finally won a game last night.  Go White Sox!

Beryl's Tulip Basket with Tulip Window Art

Here's a nice shot of Beryl's Tulip Basket against the back window of the old 60's Shasta camper we're restoring.  Wes made a tulip design on the back window with some silicone to cover the cracks.  Cute in a folk art kind of way.  I like how you can see the reflection of the sky and the trees in the window.  This photo was taken on a much nicer day.

These two ACEO mini-quilts are available in the new shop section, ACEO Mini Quilts.  ACEO #4 is in the works, too.  I'm making a Sunbonnet Sue type for this one.  She's a looker!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop, and have a super day!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment