Saturday, June 1, 2013

Accuquilt Go!

Yesterday I took the big plunge and purchased an Accuquilt Go die cutter.  I've been looking at these for a while and thinking things like, "That would be fun to have", but "I don't really need one", but "imagine being able to cut all that fabric without a rotary cutter", but "I can cut all that fabric with a rotary cutter", but "it is kind of pricey", but, in the end, I stumbled across an unbelievable deal on Craigslist and I went for it.


So here's the machine.  It's in beautiful condition, and included the original box with all instructions, a book of quilts you can make, and a helpful DVD, which I viewed last night with my oldest son, Gavin.


After viewing, we both had to go try it out with some scraps.  It was really fun and super easy to do.  We cut out the four flowers all at one time.  Gavin made the star.


It came with nine of the dies, including two long strip cutters, this handy storage rack, and lots of cutting mats, too.


Besides the handy and standard squares and triangles, I got these nifty hearts, stars, and flowers.  Fun!  You can even press some fusible web onto your fabric before cutting.  Great for all the fusible applique I like to do.


It also came with a bonanza of quilt shop quality fabric - Woo-Hoo!  
The above pieces are two rows deep.


Pretty pale yellows and creams.


A nice variety of greens and some rich purples.  There was about 100 yards of fabric in all the colors of the rainbow, plus some whites and browns, but no black.  Weird to me.  I like to use black in some of my quilts because it makes the other colors pop.

Anyway, I'm off to go roll in the fabric.  Yippee!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you really got quite a stash along with the machine. Sounds like you made a good deal. You will have to let me know what you think of it after you have been using it for a while. Like you, I have been going back and forth as to whether I really need one. Does it work for needle turn or do you have to use fusible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find. Love the fabrics you found. Can't wait to see what you turn them into. I am like you I would like to have one, but does the use justify the cost, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I saved up to buy mine and I don't regret buying it all. I love mine. You did get a great deal. I bought mine on Amazon with the package deal. Not only did I get the machine but I got a ton of dies to go with it. However, you hit the mother lode. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is great that you were able to find one on craigslist. I think I will have to start looking on there to see if I can find any kind of deals like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, I saw that same ad. I told Matt it was a great deal and he said "wait til your birthday" :( October??? What a small world. That's ok now he will have to pay full price and not get all the extras. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete