Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Feather Quilting Practice, Day 2

Day 2 of Feather Quilting practice.  I started out with a different kind of feather.  This type is quilted from the bottom, and there is a bit of backtracking.  I'm not the best at backtracking, but here's my result.


Then I practiced quilting some more of the feathers in the style I was working on during the last session.  This time, they went pretty well!  I'm happy with my results.  I was also able to successfully quilt these in a vertical position - yay!  I think they kind of look like seaweed, gently swaying in the current.  Peaceful little souls at the bottom of the ocean.  Have you read the book, "The Host"?  If you have, you know what I mean.


I wanted to keep on going, but my son, Gavin asked if he could have a turn.  
He has no idea I took this picture of him - hee-hee!


He quilted until the bobbin ran out.  Here's what he came up with.  He called it abstract art.
It's great to see my children get involved!


Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. I love it when the kids get involved. My 10 year old grand daughter is having my mother and sister teach her to quilt. I so wish I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete