Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Update on the Border

I like my title today, "Update on the Border".  Sounds exotic, doesn't it?  Like I'm travelling across the globe or something.  I'm not, but seriously, I'm only 17 miles South of the North Carolina/Virginia border.  I'm kind of on the border.


Last night I was able to do a little sewing on the borders for the Raspberry Bridge Mix quilt.  I added the cream border using some fabric I had stashed away in one of many mysterious boxes in my storage building.


Then I got out my Accuquilt Go to cut the raspberry strips for the final border.  I used my 1-1/2" strip cutter for these and was able to cut them all out at one time - woo hoo!  I love the Accuquilt Go!


I had just enough time to sew the border onto two of the sides.  Maybe I'll get to finish the top tonight!


Here's my updated clothesline pic of the top.  It's getting big!  I had to pin it up sideways today.


On another subject, have you visited the Vintage Fabric section in the shop lately?  I've been adding some lovely "new" fat quarter bundles, like the one shown above.  I should have this pink and purple collection added to the shop sometime today or tomorrow.  Oh yes!  Think what you could sew with these summer sun kissed fabrics.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment