Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Product Review: Curve Master Presser Foot

I've been really enjoying both looking at and sewing curvy quilts.  I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to them, Curvy Quilts.  So far I've sewn one curvy, Improved Nine Patch quilt, Romantic Quilt #1, yet to be quilted.

 Romantic Quilt #1


Romantic Quilt #2 is going to be much larger, with 64 blocks.  I decided to invest in the Curve Master Presser foot, shown above.  It's a funny-looking, stumpy little foot, but it works wonderfully.  I'm sewing smooth curves without any pinning or preparation. They have a video at their website, Just Curves, that shows how it works.


It comes with all these little doo-dads so you can attach it to nearly any sewing machine.  Handy.  


Now on to Romantic Quilt #2.  For this quilt I'm using mostly vintage fabrics.  Here's one of the Nine Patch blocks before I cut the curves into it.


And here's a few of the blocks with one melon sewn on, via the Curve Master foot.


I still need to press these, but so far they are looking good!


The 1/4" seams came out nicely, too.  I started adding the second melons at my quilt group, last night.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I won't post mine ha ha remember it was so messed up I decided to make buttons to cover it up. I will need to try to make another one, one day.

    ReplyDelete