Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Basket Cats Quilting

My quilting time has been so limited lately.  But here's what I've been working on.  This is the top for the Basket Cats quilt, minus the dark brown outer border.  I somehow neglected to get a photo of the completed top.  So sorry.


Ten of the Basket Cat block patterns are available in the Curlicue Creations shop in the Quilt Block Patterns section.  The last two patterns, House Cat, and Liberty Coins Cat should be coming soon.


I had a little "quilter's block" when it came to the cat's faces.  My friend, Lynne McFern helped me out with the quilting design.  Aren't they cute?  I'm so grateful to her, and happy to have met her on our Facebook group, Quilter's Show and Tell.


I'm quilting these curly vines on the green vertical strips.  It's my first time doing a vine and I really like it.  They are fun to quilt!


The baskets are getting a tight back and forth line pattern to look like a woven basket.  I did the same thing with the basket handles.  I just stitched in the ditch for all the block designs featured on the baskets, and added a clamshell to the basket bands.


Here's my dark brown outer border.  I'm quilting a happy little loopy design there.  I love doing loops.  It's my current favorite to quilt.  I have some of these in nearly every quilt.


This cat is a little different from the others.  He has a little extra hair on top of his head, so I made him look a little fierce by quilting a pointy zig zag.  He's just a little bit crazy!

I'm on the last row of cats now.  Hopefully I'll be showing the finished quilt soon!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

2 comments: