Monday, March 23, 2015

Quilt Rescue


My husband spends a lot of his time out vintage shopping.  I've got him trained to bring home orphan quilts.  Here's the latest one.  I love the way the wind kicks up whenever I try to take a photo of a quilt on the clothesline.


This quilt came equipped with a label - Hooray!  It was sewn by the Capital Quilter's Guild in Raleigh, NC.  I wonder who it was made for.  They washed it without a color catcher and all that gorgeous bright red bled into the checkerboard sashing.


With a little love and a little luck, I was able to get most of the red out.  


I believe the quilt is happy to have a new home.


Here's the most wind-free pic I was able to take.  Very nice.  I like it.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment: