I'm so happy you could stop by. I'll be posting about my latest quilt patterns, and projects in the works. I'll also be periodically posting information and pictures about my vintage sewing finds. Please visit my shop at curlicuecreations.com. Have a super day!
Here is the top with all the borders on for the Double Irish Chain. I'm looking for a good title for this quilt. Trent likes the name, "The Pretty Quilt". Any ideas?
Here's the fabric I chose for the backing. It's a cutie pie 1980's vintage goose/duck type of print. The photo shows the reverse side, but you can see what it looks like. It's a light blue fabric with white ducks/geese (not sure which!), and a few little yellow tulip looking flowers.
I need some help! I bought an old bag of yarn at a yard sale and these two mysterious items were included. I have no idea what they are.
This one is about the size of a half-dollar coin.
When you turn the center knob - eeek! - scary spikes poke out around the edges. Watch out, fingers!
If you know what this is, please comment on this post.
Here's the second mystery object. It is about the same size as the round one, and also has a lot of metal spikes, but no moving parts.
Here is another view from the side.
Help! What is it?
Here's a couple of pics of my recent yarn work. I've been knitting lots and lots of dishcloths while my son is driving me around town. He is driving very well, but it makes me less nervous if I have something in my hands.
I'm running out of room for dishcloths, and I really don't need a lifetime supply, so here's my next car project. It's a crocheted rug for my laundry room. This is super easy single crochet. I'm using a skein of black yarn (from the garage sale bag) along with scraps left over from the dishcloths and crocheting them together, seven stitches per row. I'm making about 100 rows per strip and then I plan to stitch them together. This is fun, and a super easy project for the car, plus I'm not buying any supplies, just using up old yarn - Hooray!
Here's another experimental design I've been working on. It's a Double Irish Chain quilt in black, blue, and yellow. I'm sewing it super scrappy and randomly mixing up the black pieces to give it a non-traditional look. After sewing the blocks, I auditioned a few different arrangements on the design wall. I first tried a four blocks by six blocks arrangement.
Then, I tried a square top. I decided I like the square arrangement better. This top is five by five.
The large black squares with the rose prints seemed to jump out in the quilt top, so I moved them further apart into this design. I'm sewing the blocks together from here, and adding a few borders.
I used a yellow batik for the first border. I had a lot of blue squares left over from the blocks, so I cut a few more and did scrappy squares for border #2.
I'm going to finish it off with a solid jet black all the way around. I've got half of it sewn on in the above photo. Black always looks good!