Sunday, November 16, 2014

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Countdown, Volume 8

Hello!  Welcome to Day 8 of my Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Countdown.  I've sewn four blocks and one quilt from Volume 8.


Ukulele-lei, Block #701, designed by Sandi Colwell.  Love, love, love this block!  It's so happy!  The ukulele strings were fun to stitch.  This will be part of Trent's 100 Blocks quilt.


Shadow Play, Block #714, designed by Me! Another design where I'm playing with cutouts, layers, and shadows.

I also made a Shadow Play quilt, which appears in the magazine.  I've set the blocks into larger blocks and repeated a motif for the center of the quilt.


Rollin' Along, Block #717, designed by Kristy Wolf.  Another one of my all time faves!  This block was super fun to stitch, all the way up to the tiny red bird perched atop the flag.  I love it!  This is one of Trent's quilt blocks.


Mixmaster, Block #797, designed by Denise Starck.  This is the first block Trent chose for his 100 blocks quilt.  

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment