Monday, November 10, 2014

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Countdown - Volume 2

 Thanks for joining me for Day 2 of my Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks countdown.  I suppose it's actually more of a count-up.  Here's what I've sewn from Volume 2:


Delectable Grapes, Block #110, by Marian Mapes.  I made my block using the fusible applique method.  It was challenging to arrange all the grapes into a pleasing arrangement.  This block is part of Trent's 100 Blocks quilt.


Cute as a Button, Block #136, by Amanda Herring.  This block was also a challenge for me.  The "cherry" on top of the cupcake is actually a yo-yo.  I'm a little bit yo-yo impaired.  I never learned to make these as a child.  Also, sewing all those stacks of buttons around the tabbed border was tedious.  I love the button look, and this block is adorable, but I do not like to sew buttons!  This is another block for Trent's 100 Blocks quilt.  He loves cupcakes.  But then, doesn't everyone?

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment