Sunday, November 9, 2014

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Countdown - Volume 1

Good morning!  Welcome to my countdown to Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 10.  Quiltmaker will be hitting 1000 blocks with this amazing issue!  I've sewn a few blocks from each magazine along the way.  I thought it would be fun to have a countdown to Volume 10.  I hope you'll join me on this journey.  Here are the blocks I've sewn from Volume 1.


Look at this yummy hot fudge sundae!  Complete with a cherry on top.  This is block #23, Hot Fudge Please, by Julie Pieri.


I also sewed Friends, block #43, by Lynette Anderson-O'Rourke.  This one was so much fun to make.  I used the fusible applique method, and zigzagged around the kitty with black thread.  Then I hand stitched the little bird and the other details. I love doing a little embroidery, and look at how cute it makes this block.

Both of these blocks are part of my son Trent's 100 Blocks quilt.  He is 4 years old and picked out all the blocks and most of the fabric for his quilt himself.  It's almost finished.  I just need to get it quilted.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment