Monday, May 5, 2014

Nine Patch - Simple and Timeless

I'm sewing a simple Nine Patch quilt as a gift for someone.  I don't have a particular someone in mind for it yet.  I'm sure the quilt will let me know where it belongs by the time it is finished.


I started with a 5" charm pack of mostly blues, greens, reds, and creams.  I've cut and added more of the same to make enough squares for my quilt.  See my assembly line, above.


Here's one of my blocks, being sewn.  It doesn't get much easier than this!


This is one of the green/cream blocks.


One of the blue/cream blocks.  I'm trying to make them a little bit scrappy.  Thirty blocks are in the works for this quilt.  I've sewn at least half to date.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever used pre-cut strips to make the blocks? Some say it is a time saver, but I find I have more missed intersections when I try it. I haven't tried charm blocks ... my blocks are usually about 6x6" finished.

    ReplyDelete