Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Quilting Right Along...

As I said in my last post, my parents visited me and my family all last week.  I had to let my Mother try out the quilting machine, so she did some quilty doodles.  Then, my son wanted to quilt some more, so he did some quilty doodles.  I was running out of space on my practice piece after that, so this session I practiced by doing some fill ins around their quilting fun.


A pretty rough start, but fun anyway!  I like the little feather in the bottom of that curlicue.


Here I did a few feather fills and some really heavy background lines, plus a few of those pebbles.  I would like to learn how to do that, also.  


This looks like a scene from another planet to me.  The red feather filled in nicely.  At that point I ran out of red thread and switched to the light blue.  I did a few swirlies at the bottom.  I love swirlies!


Here I quilted a half-feather design across the bottom and a bumpy feather at the top with an echo. I like the echo, but not the feather.  I also did some tiny fills in that cool looking square curlicue.


At the end of the fabric, I had a little room to myself.  I like the way these three tall, fat, curvy feathers came out with the echo.  More practice, more improvement!  Now I need to load some new fabric and batting onto the machine again.  I can't wait to play some more!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. It all looks good but I see you are getting better and better. I need to practice, all I can do is swirlies :( I need a machine here at the office

    ReplyDelete