Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July's Vintage Sewing Finds

When it come to shopping, my husband takes it seriously.  He is on the prowl everyday for the best deal.  He knows every thrift shop, every flea market, every yard sale, in every town.  He once got me a beautiful 1951 Featherweight sewing machine with case and accessories for $4.00.  It was marked $5.00, but he bargained them down to $4.00.  Although not as exciting as a $4.00 Featherweight, here's what he brought home for me yesterday.


Three crafting books.  Two not too old knitting books, and one vintage crochet book, Crocheting for Pleasure.  I was excited to have the crochet book, because I also own Knitting for Pleasure.  


I also received a tangled up mess of sewing trims.  I untangled them and wound them on some old wooden spools.  I saw something similar on the internet last week and I thought it was a great idea.  No more tangled up mess, and they look cute, too.  What a great use for old spools.  Now the trims are just begging me to use them as embellishment on a quilt.


He also brought me a rainbow assortment of different sewing threads.  I just threw them into one of my thread boxes.  I really need to find a good system for organizing thread.  Any ideas out there?
I need some help!


After all that excitement, I went outside and removed all the pesky bamboo from one of my flowerbeds so I could plant this pretty pink Zinnia. 


And the boys' gift for the day was this little blow up boat.  They had a blast playing with it in the pool.  It looks like it has a leak in it to me.  

Thanks so much for reading!  Oh, and take a look at Craftsy's newest quilting class,Quilting: Playing with Curves by Ann Petersen.  This looks interesting ~ I love curves!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Wow I need to go bargain shopping :) Like I need to buy more stuff ha ha

    ReplyDelete