Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Quilt Finishing Frenzy

I'm on a roll, folks!  I'm still finishing U.F.O.'s, and it's going well.  Last night I had three hours of uninterrupted sewing time with the ladies in my quilting group.  Quilting, girl talk, and chocolate.  The best therapy for me.


I finished the Christmas Star Medallion quilt that I started making to hang on the wall behind the couch in the house we lived in 6 years ago.  This is all hand quilted.  Yesterday I finished the binding and added a hanging sleeve.  I just need to sew a quick label for the back.  This is one of my patterns that was published in Quiltmaker magazine in the March/April 2010 issue as Wine and Cheese.


I also trimmed the edges and wove in all my quilting threads on the ABC cross stitch quilt.  The cross stitch patterns came out of a book.  I think it was "Country ABC's" by Gloria and Pat.


Here's a close up of one of the designs, "O is for Oak tree".  So cute!


This is the quilting I did in the two blank blocks.  It's part laser guided, part free-form.  I like it.
Now on to the binding for this quilt.  

P.S.  Have you heard about the new Craftsy class,  Machine Quilting Beautiful Borders?  I'm adding this to my wishlist, for sure!
Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment