Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Shopping Spree

Time to share the shopping spoils again.  Yesterday I wrote a post about vintage fabrics.  Today, I'm showing a soft palette of modern fabrics I've been collecting.  This is going to make a gorgeous quilt with tones of yesterday, maybe I'll add some of the vintage fabrics to this, too.

Modern Fabric Fat Quarters

 Yardstick Holder

This is not a really great picture, sorry.  This yardstick holder is made of some kind of burlap-y material.  The fruit motifs are felt appliques.  They are stuffed, giving them a 3-dimensional look.  There is a hook on the back for hanging.  I love this.  My yardstick will never get lost again.

Big Box of Crochet and Embroidery Thread

Fun, fun, fun, in a box!  The DMC pearl thread is perfect for hand stitching around the edge of wool and flannel appliques.

Box of Vintage Dress Patterns 

Even more fun.  I love looking through a "new" box of vintage dress patterns.  The clothing styles and hair styles are so interesting to view.

1970's era patterns

I especially liked these two 1970's patterns.  They would make unique Halloween costumes.  Hmmmmmm.......

Until  next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas


1 comment:

  1. Ha! See that pattern on the left? The denim bell bottoms and red crop top? I wore tjose in the 70s! Sew funny..now it's a Halloween costume! Heck, if i could have my 70s body back, i'd wear them now!

    ReplyDelete