Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Log Cabin Time


 Autumn is on the way.  The trees are just starting to think about turning, the kids are back in school, and the air has that first hint of coolness in it.  I love this time of year, and everything that comes with it.  The colors, the spicy scent of a pumpkin candle, or an apple pie baking in the oven, and the new fall fashions, boots and such.  Our little log cabins seem to fit right in with it all.


The Quarter Seamers quilting group I attend started working on a new fall project.  It's a table topper, Log Cabin Pumpkins, by Suzanne's Art House.  This is the center block.  It's a courthouse steps style log cabin.


Here's my first pumpkin block.  It still has a few more rounds to go.  It's more of a traditional log cabin  type block.  


The pumpkins will be set all around the center block, with a few leaves added into the corners.  This is going to be so cute on my kitchen table.  I don't have anything like it.  Will it be finished for this Fall?  Or the next?  I'll keep you updated on the progress...

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and Get Creative!

Have a super day!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all put together. I love the fall colors and am ready for the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs of Goodness was a blog that I was going to have that was all about blogs I loved. It was going to be for my mother. She can no longer read blogs anymore as her health is keeping her down right now. I am glad you asked. I had forgotten to set up my google profile. Took care of it this morning.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete