Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Quarter Seamers Quilting


Arrowhead Block

Here's the Arrowhead block I made at the Quarter Seamers group a couple of weeks ago.  I like it so much, that I added it to my list of quilting projects that I keep posted on the refrigerator.  I want to make a bunch of these!  This block is designed by Anita Grossman Soloman, and you can learn to make one too, at this link:

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 5

Anita also has a block in the current issue of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks,Volume 5.  It's block #496, Ginger and Fred.  I really like the retro fabrics she used in her block.  It makes a good effect.


Polka Party

Here's another peeky at my block from the issue, #429, Polka Party.  If you make a version of my block, please send me a pic.  I would love to see it!



This little video is all about Miss Lou's Quilting Studio, where I've been going to the Quarter Seamers quilting group.  It's been just wonderful. I've met so many friendly people & had a great time quilting, too.  It's the only time I get an opportunity to sew for three whole hours in a row.   The video was made by Charles Gupton Photography.  I can't believe I figured out how to include it in my blog post!  Pretty neat!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop, and have a super day!

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Aren't we clever! Enjoyed the video. Besides Miss Lou are there others sewing that you join up with here. Arrowhead block looks great. Should be perfect for one of the men in your life. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, really enjoyed the movie. I like the Arrowhead block and the Polka Party block. So creative!

    ReplyDelete