Thursday, August 29, 2013

Quilts Lost and Found

Are you a member of my Facebook group, Quilter's Show and Tell?  If you are, you probably saw my post yesterday, when I found this long lost quilt top:  "I found it! I found it! I found it! I finally found the Pine Tree quilt panel I sewed with the intention of making a curtain for my laundry room. It's been lost for YEARS. Can I get a Woo-hoo!!? I'm so happy!"


I was cleaning out the quilting studio yesterday.  I always try to do a little bit of organizing when I do that, and there it was, wrapped up in some backing fabric, in the bottom of a crate.  Amazing.  It's just a simple Pine Tree panel I put together to use as a curtain in my laundry room.  Now it's a U.F.O.


While I was cleaning, I changed out some of the quilts I had on display.  I hung Fresh 'N Fancy up on the big wall behind the quilt frame.


I hung the Cross Stitch ABC quilt up in the very narrow hallway between my studio and the living room.  It's so narrow, it was difficult to take a photo.  


And for now, the Christmas Star Medallion is draped over the back of this well worn chair in my room.   This chair is for the kids to sit and visit while I'm sewing at night.  Sometimes they play video games, sometimes they do homework, sometimes they just chat and snuggle under the quilt.  I've thought about recovering the chair, but the cats enjoy using it for a scratching post.

How long have the quilts been hanging in your home?  Is it time to give them a break and redecorate?  Do you change quilts with the seasons?  Autumn is just starting here.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment