Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hand Applique to Melt the Stress Away

Things have been a little hectic at my house lately.  Just things that we all go through in our daily lives.  I've been driving my oldest son back and forth to marching band practice a lot.  We're getting ready for back to school and one child's birthday.  My husband is acting like a rebellious teenager.  The three year old is behaving like a three year old.


I needed a day off!  So I did the closest thing I could.  I spent as much of the day as I could on my front porch, doing some hand applique.


I've been working on these blocks out of a Jane Townswick book, Artful Album Quilts.
I love her style.


At mid afternoon I had to shoo this Carolina Wren out of the house.  Poor bird!  It somehow got trapped upstairs in my younger sons' room.


This is the block I worked on yesterday, Mirror Image.  


I've started six or seven of the blocks in the book, but only finished one so far.  I've pieced many of the backgrounds and I'm using mostly faded out, soft pastel colors.  I'm trying to get a romantic, shabby chic look.


This block would look better without the American Flag fabrics, but here's how it looked at the end of the day.  I finished sewing all of the leaves on.  Next, on to the flowers, and there are a lot of them!
I hope I get another day to sew on this soon.


This is the one block that I have completed, Vintage Vase.  Here you can see the look I am trying to achieve.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment