Sunday, August 19, 2018

Quilty Box August 2018 ~ What's Inside?

Disclaimer:  The contents of this box were given to my by Quilty Box.
 It's Quilty Box Time!  It's always an exciting day when a Quilty Box arrives in my mailbox.  I bubble over with excitement, run into the house, and open it right away!

 This month's box includes, as always, the exclusive Bundles of Inspiration magazine.  August's featured designer is Sarah Watson.  Inside, you'll find an interview with Sarah, one of her patterns to sew, a Tie Dye lesson (I've always wanted to try that!), and a Subscriber Spotlight.

 Sarah Watson's new fabric line, Terrestrial, by Cloud 9 Fabrics.  

 One spool of Aurifil thread, color 2312.  This is a nice neutral.  I know I'll be using this thread up!

 Oooh!  This is so cool!  This is the Fold-A-Way Ruler by the Quilters Mercantile.  This is the perfect ruler to pack for class, travel, or retreats!  It folds to a travel friendly 6" x 12" size.

 When you are ready to cut, simply unfold to have a full size, 6" x 24" ruler.  Awesome!
Too bad I don't have any travel plans coming up.  But when I do.....

I managed to get a few minutes time away from my busy schedule to work on this Nova table topper project by Jaybird Quilts from a previous month's Quilty Box.  I made it all the way to the quilting stage.  I'm having an issue with my leg, so I've been unable to use my stand-up quilting frame.  This is the perfect size to practice my free motion quilting on my sit down domestic sewing machine.  I'm following Angela Walters quilting design from the sample. I love her designs.  I'll write a more in-depth post about this project soon.

This is an affiliate advertisement. 

If you are interested in trying a Quilty Box for yourself, click on the above ad to visit their website.  Each month's Quilty Box is packed with more than $60.00 total in retail value fabric, patterns, and notions.  It's a wonderful way to increase your stash, try out new notions, and stay inspired with new projects.

Be Creative ~ Sew Something Beautiful Today.

Jennifer Thomas

Click here to visit the Curlicue Creations Shop.

Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

1 comment:

  1. Love these boxes! The folding ruler is intriguing - I have not seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete