Friday, August 16, 2013

NFL Stitching

I watch the Carolina Panthers play football every year.  I wear my Panthers t-shirt and work on a different hand stitching project every season, win or lose.  Last night was the second pre-season game, Panthers v.s. Eagles.  The game didn't go too well.  The stitching did.


This year I'm working on blocks from Jane Townswick's book, Artful Album Applique.  This is the Peacocks in a Tree block.  I've pieced the background fabric, and stitched all the stems and some of the leaves.  There are a lot of leaves in this block.  It is fun to use different fabrics for the leaves.  Some of the fabric I used has green swirls.  One of the leaves has a little house on it.  One of the leaves is from a fish print.  

Stay tuned to see how this develops. 

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment