Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Busy, Busy, Back to School!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while.  The kids have been keeping me very busy with lots of back to school activities.  Finally it is day two of the 2013/14 school year, and I have a few minutes to bake a chocolate pecan tart (yummy!), and write a post.


Trent "helped" me out this week by dumping the contents of my scrap basket out all over the studio floor.  Oh lucky me.  I though it looked rather like a volcano eruption.


Levi had his Ninth birthday celebration.  How did he get so old? 


And Gavin had his first high school football game.  That's him in the middle with the ever present black hoodie, playing the trumpet.  Their school lost terribly.  I think it was 43 - 0, but the marching band had a great time anyway.  


After all that I had a little time to work on my hand applique project.  Here's how my Peacocks in a Tree block looked when I started yesterday.


And here's how it looked when I stopped for the day.  Only a few more leaves to go, the two Peacocks, and this block will be complete.  This is from Jane Townswick's book, Artful Album Quilts.

Tonight I will be working on September's Star Block of the Month Tutorial.  I can't wait to finish it up and post it for you next week.  Stay tuned....

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas 

No comments:

Post a Comment