Friday, August 8, 2014

The Patio Quilt





The Patio Quilt.  I loved making this quilt!  Everything about it was enjoyable.  The fabrics are bright and cheery.  The batting quilted like butter.  The swirly quilting came out well.  It was allover one of my best quilting experiences.


Here's a shot of it on my bed.  It is a large quilt, 82-1/2" x 90-1/2".  It's tough to take a picture of a quilt this size.  I used the Moda Fabrics Bloomin' Fresh by Deb Strain collection, and a few fabrics from the Moda Marbles collection, too.


The pattern for the Patio quilt appears in the just released Summer 2014 issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited Magazine.  They did an excellent job of presenting this quilt.


One of my favorite parts of this quilt is the way the corners of the blocks come together.  It looks complicated, but it's really very simple, straightforward piecing.  


My little guy with his favorite toy, The Emmet character from the Lego Movie, posing next to the Patio quilt, and sporting his famous smile.


Swirly quilting!  I love stitching swirlies.


I used the Soft & Bright batting from The Warm Company.  Excellent batting.


Aurifil thread.  I used several colors, but I only have a pic of this one...Hmmmm....


A sea of blue swirlies on the back of the quilt.


This quilt was so much fun that I used this yellow polka dot fabric for the label instead of my usual plain muslin.  

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Am thinking of a durable patio floor mat...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete