Thursday, August 7, 2014

Beaches Quilt


My Beaches quilt returned home yesterday.  This is a small wall hanging I made using 3 yards of fabric for the top.  It features three of my favorite quilting elements, curves, batiks, and fusible applique.  


I practiced my feather quilting and did some fun loopy quilting in a variegated thread.  In this photo you can see the gorgeous deep colors of the batik fabrics.  These are from the Island Batik fabric company.  I looooove their fabrics.  I used The Warm Company Warm and White batting, too, one of my favorite batts.  It quilts up so nicely.


The Beaches quilt and pattern appears in the new book by Annies, It Takes Three,  along with seven other fun to sew projects.  All the projects in this book take three yards of fabric or less for the quilt top - Yay!  Fast and fun!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment