Friday, February 14, 2014

An Atlas Deluxe Vintage Pink Sewing Machine for Valentine's Day!


Here it is!  I've been wanting a vintage pink sewing machine for a while.  I thought it would be fun to have one, and I want to pretty up my quilting studio this year.  It's an Atlas Deluxe, and it sews beautifully.


My poor husband probably got tired of hearing about "vintage pink sewing machines", so he just went ahead and bought this machine on Ebay!  I couldn't believe it.  I still can't believe it, but I like it!


I haven't figured out what year it is yet, and she needs to be cleaned up a bit.


But she's sew romantic!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer, your husband is so sweet!!! Truly a thoughtful gift. I have spent most of today cleaning up and coaxing stitches out of the same machine, but with zig zag. I found it on craigslist in terrible condition.
    Completely frozen up. But quickly improving.
    You have a lovely blog. Great talent, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an atlas pink has good housekeeping seal on it and also has japan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your machine, Marta. It's one of my all time favorites. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Can anyone give me a year on this particular model. Mine is exactly the same and I am trying to find the exact year. Any help info or sites where I can find this info would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thank you for your comment. I've still been unable to date this machine exactly, but my research shows they were manufactured between 1955 and 1962, so it should be somewhere in that range. Enjoy your machine. It's still one of my favorites.

      Delete