Thursday, September 13, 2012

Studio Remodel & Vintage Shopping

 Cute Little Shelf

Wes brought me home this cute little shelf last week.  I had him mount it just above a door frame in my studio, and I quickly filled it up with a few miniature irons, some old spools, and a little jar of teeny-tiny 1/4" buttons.  I'm lovin' it!

 Two "new" vintage books for the sewing library

I also picked up these books at the local thrift shop.  The first book, "The Sampler" is an old Elanor Burns book from 1982.  The second book is a Simplicity Sewing Book, vintage 1972.  What is going on with that woman's fingers?!!!  It's a scary photo.  I hope that isn't contagious!

 Square rulers

I spotted this four pack of square rulers on clearance at Wal-Mart, and for $13.00, I just had to have them.  Even though I'm short on funds this month, I couldn't pass this up.  I've been looking for a 12-1/2" square ruler at a good price for a while.  That is the size of the largest ruler in this pack.  I've been doing a lot of my block designs in this size, so I know it's going to come in handy.

 TNT, ready to sew?

Here's some of my new studio.  Wes bought me this super-heavy metal desk for my sewing machine and custom cut out the slot to fit my machine.  We were able to use the drawer with a few pieces of wood in it for a support for the machine.  My old fold up table is behind the desk to help support quilts during quilting sessions.  I'm going to have to do a few modifications to "pretty up" the desk, but it's super functional at a super price.  $10.00 at the local thrift shop.

 Trent loves to have his picture taken.

When I swivel my chair around from the new sewing desk, I have this great vintage wooden table that I just love, right next to the window.  It has drawers on both sides of the center section, and a leaf easily folds out on each side.  I can use this for cutting and designing.

The rest of my mess.

However, when I turn around to look at the other side of the room....well...I need to find places for a few things!  Ugh!  This is the result of yesterday's changes.  Where am I going to put all this stuff?  LOL!  It's better to laugh than to cry, eh?

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Great sewing space. You sound very happy with it, and that's the most important part. Keep busy!

    ReplyDelete