Friday, September 14, 2012

Jack O'Lantern, Jack O'Lantern...

 Leaf Blocks

I made some additional progress on the Log Cabin Pumpkins.  This is really going to be finished before Halloween!  I made the four leaf blocks.  My friend, Pat, from the Quarter Seamers group suggested making the leaf tips a little lighter tint than the leaf bodies.  I really like the way that looks.

 Pumpkin Blocks

I finished the log cabin part of all the Pumpkin blocks.  You can see green squares in a few of the lower corners.  Those are going to be stitched and flipped.

 All the blocks together.

The blocks sort of fit together like this.  I have to finish the pumpkin stems and add the background.  The pattern calls for a light background, but I decided to go with this dark blue swirly fabric.

Groovy, Swirly, Fabric.

I think it will be more "Halloween-y", kind of like a night sky.  Again, the name of this pattern is Log Cabin Pumpkins, by Suzanne's Art House, if you want to make it, too.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment