Sunday, September 2, 2012

Strippy Flowers Quilt


Here's my latest pattern, the Strippy Flowers Quilt.  It has a cool, vertical setting, with modern-looking, strippy borders, and 10 fusible appliqued floral blocks.


I'm working on my own Strippy Flowers quilt right now!  Here's my first Flower Block.  I've done all the fusing, but have yet to zig-zag around the edges.


I'm using all fat quarters.  Here you can see me cutting the strips to make the borders.


This pic shows some of the strips sewn together and pressed on my - GASP! - dirty looking ironing board cover.  I'm sure everyone else has a perfectly clean, non-stained ironing board cover.  Maybe I should refrain from taking pictures on the ironing board in the future.


This pic shows the strips being cut down into more strips!  This is fun!


The strips are then sewn together, end to end, to make four long strips.


Here they are, all laid out on my picnic table, and receding into the distance.  Love it!

If you would like to work on this quilt with me, the Strippy Flowers Quilt Pattern is available in the Curlicue Creations Shop.  Just click on the link above, or visit the shop at curlicuecreations.com and browse the Quilt Patterns Section.  I'd love to have you along on this quilting journey!

Until next time...have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment