Friday, March 16, 2012

Quilty Magnets and Mystery Project!

Good afternoon and Happy St. Patrick's Day Eve - Don't forget your green tomorrow!  Also tomorrow, March 17th, 2012 is National Quilting Day, so maybe I should say "Don't forget to quilt something green".  That could be celebrated a number of different ways.  You could wear something green while quilting, or you could work on a quilt made with green colored fabrics, or you could quilt outside, using environmentally friendly fabrics.  Or just drink a green beer and try not to quilt through your finger.  I don't recommend drinking while quilting, just saying!


Anyway, if you have ordered goodies from the Curlicue Creations Shop in the past,  you likely
have received one of my quilty magnets in your package as a little thank you gift.  I love making these.  They are so much fun, and as addictive as popcorn!  I just wanted to show a couple that I finished recently.  They are currently adorning my refrigerator.  I made the many pointed compass, above, and also the flying geese magnet, below.

                             

I also started making a mystery wall hanging this week.  You know I need a new project, just like I need a hole in the head, but why not?  It's fun.  Plus I have a whole log cabin to keep my U.F.O.'s in when they overflow my quilting studio.  It's going to have one center block.


I made these nifty checkerboard blue and white borders out of some 2-7/8" x 1-5/8" rectangles.


Then I added this red stripe and thin white stripe.  The white stripe is going to be facing the center block.  I'll show more of this next posting, as I get it done.

Until next time...have a super day!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment