Monday, April 30, 2018

Lovey Dovey Quilt Block

Today I'm going to show my Lovey Dovey quilt block.  This Block was designed for Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, which is no longer in publication ~ so sad!  

 Lovey Dovey is a fusible applique block.  Here are all my pieces traced onto the fusible web.  I like to use Heat 'N Bond Lite.

 These are some of the fabrics I pulled from my stash to make the Lovey Dovey block.

 Wing piece.

 A few of the patches, ready to be fused to the background block.

 Here is the design, partly fused.

 Here all the patches have been fused in place on the background block.

 Next to zigzag stitch around each patch with matching thread.  I love doing this.

More zigzagging.  So pretty!

This is the completed Lovey Dovey block.  I've been working on a wall hanging featuring four Lovey Dovey blocks, and I'm also going to use this design for my Island Batik Ambassadors project this month, so look for more Lovey Doveys flying your way soon!

Be Creative ~ Sew Something Beautiful Today!

Jennifer Thomas



Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

This is an affiliate advertisement.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful block - I love the traditional look but can’t wait to see it in batiks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen. I'm excited to be featuring this design in my May project.

      Have an exalted day!

      Delete