Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Nine Patch Quilting Complete

 Here is the simple Nine Patch quilt I posted about last week, all quilted and rolling off the machine.  Oh Yeah!

 As you can see in this edge pic, I quilted an average of four swirl motifs in each square.  That makes 36 swirls per Nine Patch block, for a whopping total of approximately 1,080 swirls over the whole quilt top.  Whew!  No wonder my back is achy.

 I selected this pretty green Jinny Beyer fabric for the binding.  It features a small black diamond pattern all over.

 You can see the diamonds a little bit, here in this photo, where the binding is being pinned to the edge of the quilt.

After pinning, the binding was sewn on to the front of the quilt with a walking foot, and my trusty Elna.  It's all ready for some TV time, while I flip it over and hand sew it to the back of the quilt with some groovy green matching thread.  I enjoy the relaxation of hand stitching, and usually have a hand sewing project on hand.  Do you hand sew, machine sew, or both, like me?  Leave a comment below.

Be creative ~ sew something today.

Jennifer Thomas




Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is pretty. I like the quilt motif and the binding fabric.

    ReplyDelete