Sunday, May 4, 2014

Vintage Shopping Finds - A New Featherweight!

If you're a member of my Facebook group, Quilter's Show and Tell, you know I've been eyeing a Featherweight at the local thrift shop.  I decided I didn't need it and bought the table, chairs, and hutch for my kitchen instead.  My husband just couldn't stand seeing it still for sale after a week or so, and he brought it home.  Sometimes I feel so lucky!


This machine was manufactured in 1940.  This pic is while I was working on it today.  Now I'm sewing.  After a little cleaning, a little oil, and a little love, she's sewing like a dream!  This one came with the original case, including the tray insert, and lots of attachments.  It even has the zig-zagger.  I hope I can get that to work, too.  


Yesterday's vintage shopping trip turned up this old quilt block.  It's hand sewn, puckered, and worn, but it just cried out me, "Take me home - please!".  I like the way the plaids seem to be "underneath" with the rest of the block's design "floating above".


My husband bought me this wooden inlay box last weekend on a trip to Kitty Hawk.  It's handmade, and I just love the quilty design.  What a great memento from our trip.  I can always think of the Outer Banks and that fabulous sea breeze when I pick up this tiny box.  I put a small moon shell that I picked up at the beach inside.  Oh sweet memories.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am a little jealous. Matt doesn't think I need another sewing machine. I only have 5 sheesh. He thinks I only have 4 hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice husband! He obviously not only shops, but keeps you in mind while he's doing it!

    ReplyDelete