Thursday, November 28, 2013

Rescue No. 1 Block for Trent's Quilt


Isn't this cute?  It's block #597 from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 6.  Block design by Denise Starck.
Here's how it went:


This block has a LOT of little pieces.  68, if I counted correctly.  I was concerned about keeping them all straight without marking each one.  I solved this problem by cutting out some of the pieces, and sticking them to my design wall, in the same order as the cutting instructions in the magazine.


Next, I sewed some of the units together.


Here you can see the ladder with the little bucket on the end.


It's the cab!


At this point, I stopped sewing and cut out the remaining pieces, again sticking them to the design wall in order.


It's starting to look like a real fire truck!


Ready for some wheels....


Ta-da!


See how it goes with the Mixmaster?  They are both designed by Denise Starck.  I'm sure I'll be sewing the School Bus block, too.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a Happy Thanksgiving day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment