Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blue and Yellow Star Quilt Top

After much consideration, and lots and lots of differing opinions, I decided to go with my original plan and sew these blocks together without any sashing at all.  I like it.  I think it gives it a vintage look.


All the star blocks sewn together, above.


I added a chunky yellow border in one of the same fabrics as I used on the stars.


I loaded it onto the quilting frame...


And started quilting away!  I'm quilting this one with a blue/grey solid thread in an all over free form feather pattern.  I've quilted about half of it so far.  It's going really well!  That Free Motion Quilting with Feathers class I'm taking on Craftsy is really helping!

                                      Craftsy

Craftsy is having a super sale right now, so click on over and take a look.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas 

No comments:

Post a Comment