Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Basket Cats Quilt Top...In Progress!

I'm still sewing on my Basket Cats Quilt.  My newly designed top for this quilt is almost complete.  Here's how it's sewing so far.


Here's another one of the blocks, up close and personal-like.  It's the Windmill Cat.  I love the way the eyes came out on this cat.  Mysterious and cat-like.  Do you remember "Felix the Cat"?  I do.


I started sewing the blocks together into vertical rows of four each. 


Three rows total.  It was fun to mix the blocks up until they were "just right".


I auditioned several fabrics for the solid strips that are going alongside the Flying Geese strips.  Remember the Folded Flying Geese from a couple of posts ago?


I decided on this gorgeous batik fabric I had leftover from my Fresh 'N Fancy quilt from Quilts from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Spring Issue.  I loooove this fabric.  Wish I had gobs more of it.


Here I am pinning it to the kitty blocks, too.


And outside I went to take a quickie clothesline pic for you, dear readers.  It doesn't matter how calm and beautiful the day is, the wind always kicks up when it's picture time.  I guess the wind wants to be seen, too.


Finally, a calm moment.  These two sections need to be stitched together, and then a few more borders.  Maybe I'll be finished with the top for next time.  I hope so.  I just got a big stack of sewing, quilting, and embroidering books from the local thrift shop today & I'm extra inspired to sew.  

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment