Friday, July 6, 2012

Spoils from the Expo

I did really well with my shopping at the Sewing and Quilting Expo in Raleigh.  I'm very, very proud of myself.  I only purchased a few items, and I'm using them all.  I bought a couple of different packages of needles, some 505 basting spray and a little bit of fabric.


I was very selective.  This is a fat quarter of a batik, direct from Indonesia.  I really liked this and wish I had purchased a larger piece.  I've cut some of it for my Twist and Shout quilt, but if I had more it would make a great border for Raspberry Bridge Mix.


This is a package of Wool and Needle Flannels by Primitive Gatherings for Moda.  I loooooved the Primitive Gatherings booth at the expo.  You can visit their website at http://primitivegatherings.us/shop/.
I was in their booth three times before I decided on this purchase.  I've already cut into these raving fabrics.  I'm using them to make some new applique blocks.


In other news, my sweet 12 year old kitty, Click-Click-Kit-Kat-Sweetheart-BabyGirl-BabyDoll-Peek-A-Boo-Babycakes-Babyface is fine after 12 days of house rest.  She was bitten by some wild creature while out on a woodland adventure in the backyard and had to get her leg stapled.  Poor baby!  She was a good patient, though and has recovered well.  


This helped me to get back to the Basket Cat quilt block pattern series.  Here's the next block, for those of you who are collecting the whole group.  Windmill Cat, with the glowing blue-green eyes.  This should be available in the Curlicue Creations Shop today or tomorrow.  Be sure to come browse the shop...many new items have been added in the last month.

Until next time....have a super day!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. I like your Basket Cat block, really cute. Sorry to hear about your cat being beaten, however glad that he (she) is doing good. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete