Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Christmas BOM Progress


Heart Block

I made a little progress on the Christmas BOM project this week.  I finished all of the Heart Blocks.  These are small, about 4" finished.  I decided to fusible applique the hearts and used a tiny zig-zag stitch to finish them off.  Cute!


Memory Block

Then I started working on the Memory Block.  I think I only get to make 1 of these.  I used the quickie method to make these half-square triangle units.  I can't wait to see how it looks all put together.  Soon, I hope!

I also got lucky recently and won tickets to the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo.  I won them in a button dolly contest they had on their Facebook page, and they arrived in the mail this week.  Hooray!  I love getting fun surprises like that in the mail.  Now all I have to do is wait for the Expo to get to Raleigh in...sigh!...June.  Who else is going?  Take a look at the show at the link above.  Classes, vendors, quilts! There's even going to be an exhibit of Quiltmaker quilts at the show.  Mark your calendar!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop, and have a super day!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment