Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas is Coming!


Olde St. Nick
Block #313, Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 4

How many more days until Christmas?  I don't want to know!  I'm not ready!  Will Santa make it to my house  this year?  Not to mention the birthdays.  How did I manage to have two children with birthdays right around Christmas?  What was I thinking?  Anyway, if you're like me, you are now realizing that there's no way you're going to finish all those good intention handmade gifts you planned on sending to everyone.  :)  Christmas cards?  Christmas cookies?  I'm lucky to have the tree up and decorated.  It is beautiful though...sigh!  I made this Olde St. Nick block months ago, while testing for Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 4.  I want to put those blocks together into a "Storybook" quilt.  I can see it in my head, but when will I get to that one?  

   
Mountain Bears Quilted Trivet

I did finish the Mountain Bears Quilted Trivet and put it into the Curlicue Creations shop this week.  This would make a nice last minute gift for that bear lover in your life.  It measures approximately 11" x 15, and features primitive curlicue quilting, and cute bear silhouettes.

Close-up.


The back of the trivet also features the bear silhouette fabric.


This trivet makes your Christmas cookies look extra yummy!


One more shot of the trivet hanging out in the garden with the angels.


Checkerboard Cat Block
(12" x 12")

I also started working on patterns for my Cats in Baskets series.  The first one will be the Checkerboard Cat.  Each basket in this series features a different traditional quilt block, making it a sampler of sorts.  There will be 12 blocks in all.  They all feature precise paper piecing for gorgeous results!

Until next time....Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays!  Be sure to visit the Curlicue Creations shop!  And as always, have a super day!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment