Thursday, November 2, 2017

Supernova Quilt

 Today I'm showing the Supernova quilt.  This quilt features an explosion of color radiating from the center of the quilt.  The blocks all feature simple rotary cutting and straight pieced seaming.

Quilt Stats:
Quilt Size:  58" x 58"
Block Size:  12" x 12"
Fabric:  Scraps from my stash, mostly batiks
Batting:  The Warm Company
Thread:  King Tut, by Superior

 Block One:  These four blocks create the light eminating from the center of the quilt.

 Block Two:  These colorful blocks surround the center Block Ones.  Notice how all the pieces are triangles.  I adore triangles!

 Block Three:  These four blocks are in the corners of the quilt.  I love the dark intesity of the colors in Block Three.  This block pulls the eye into the center if you look at it for a few minutes.  To me, this version has a folded, 3D look to it.

 I used one of my favorite go-to quilting designs for the Supernova quilt, a loopy meander.  This allows the piecing and color placement of the quilt to be the star of the show, rather than competing with the quilting for attention.

The Supernova quilt pattern is available for purchase in the Curlicue Creations shop now.  Get yours today.  Click here to purchase:  Supernova Quilt Pattern.  

If you sew a Supernova Quilt, please share a photo.  I would love to see it!

Be Creative ~ Sew Something Beautiful Today.

Jennifer Thomas



Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment