Friday, September 29, 2017

Supernova Quilt Top

 Here it is!  The Supernova quilt top, enjoying a little sunshine on my clothesline.  I love the simplicity and naturalness of clothesline quilt photos.  See the little bit of wind on the lower right hand corner of the quilt?  This quilt is breathing!  It's alive!

 I chose this red striped fabric for the backing.  

Currently the Supernova quilt and it's backing are rolled up on the quilting frame, all ready to quilt.  I'm piecing together a batting from some batting scraps today, as I can't wait to get started.  Did you know you could piece two smaller pieces of batting together by butting the edges and securing with a large zigzag stitch?  It's a great way to use your large sized batting leftovers.  

Here's the top again.  I hope to get started on the quilting today.  I've not decided on a thread color yet.  Any suggestions would be welcome!  Please leave a comment below.

Be Creative ~ Sew Something Beautiful Today!

Jennifer Thomas




Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment