Sunday, July 19, 2015

Quilting the Super Scrappy Double Irish Chain


Today I returned to quilting my Super Scrappy Double Irish Chain quilt, mostly because I need to get it off the frame and work on quilting another quilt - one that has a deadline.  It's just been sitting on the frame, half-quilted for a while, so my first step was the trusty lint roller.  I love my lint roller.  I use it every day - on my ironing board, on my cutting mat, on my design wall.  It's just amazing what it picks up.  My house is dusty!


I continued on with my quilting plan, stitching smoky swirls in the black and blue borders.


Super skinny stripes in the yellow border.


I made it to the lower edge!  That's a lot of up and down stripes - "Ouch!" says my back.


This close up doesn't look like much.  Just a mixed up jumble of squares.
But take a step or two back...


...and you can see the pattern.  This was a fun quilt to sew.  I loved mixing and matching my scraps to create this look.  So scrappy, and a little bit modern.  Just the lower blue and black borders to quilt tonight and I'll add it to the stack of quilts that need binding.  

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop..and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment