Monday, January 6, 2014

Delectable Grapes Block for Trent's 100 Blocks Quilt

I sewed Delectable Grapes, block #110, from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 2 for Trent's 100 Blocks quilt.  This block is designed by Marian Mapes.


I traced all the shapes onto some fusible web.  Normally I use a circle ruler to quickly draw circles, but it was MIA.  I need to find it!


I selected three green fabrics for the leaves, and two different purples for the grapes.  


The shapes are all fused to the background, and I've started to zig zag the edges.  The pattern called for a straight stitch close to the edges, but I enjoy zig zagging and this will help the block to be consistent with the rest of the quilt.


I like the way everything is outlined on the back of the block.


It came out just lovely!  Trent doesn't eat grapes.  He chose this block as a tribute to his brother, Levi.  Grapes are one of Levi's favorite foods.  The brotherly love is so sweet!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment