Sunday, January 12, 2014

Dear Jane, It's Time for Another Stitch

I've been working on the Dear Jane quilt forever!  I think I bought the book in 2000.  I sew blocks for a while, then it goes back up on the U.F.O. shelf.  It's a lifetime project for me.  I'm sewing all my blocks by hand in a purple/cream color scheme.  Yesterday I took it down off the shelf and did some stitching while watching the NFL playoffs.  Here's what I did:


Block M-1, Dogwood Days 

This block was pretty easy and straightforward sewing.


Block H-8, Eaton's Crossroads

This one was a little more complicated.  I appliqued the center circle onto the background square in the wrong position and had to resew.  That fits my sewing name, according to one of those silly Facebook games, "Jinxed Seamripper".  Yeah - that's not a good sewing name.

Will I sew more than two blocks before Jane goes back up on the shelf?  Only time will tell....stay tuned!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment