Sunday, May 20, 2012

Quilting and Baseball


Stack the Deck blocks

Above is one of the projects I've been working on at the Quarter Seamers quilting group I've been going to. It's called Stack the Deck.  Basically you line up your fabric squares, cut them all the same way, rearrange the pieces, and sew them back together.  Fun!  I've made these six, and I'm making six more, cut in a different way.  I'm not sure what I'm going to use them for yet.  Any great ideas?


Levi, batting for the White Sox

This week, however, I'm going to miss the group because Levi (the 7 y.o.) has baseball practice.  His team, the White Sox have acquired a new, more experienced coach, and they are practicing A LOT!   It's working.  They are getting better.  Saturday they lost 12-3 and they were excited about it!  It was the first game they got a score all season.  You just gotta laugh, so you don't cry.



Here's another great dress pattern I added to the Curlicue Creations Shop this past week.  It's brand new, and fits sizes 8 through 18.  Bonny good!

This week look for more books to be added to the Craft Books Section.  Also, coming up this summer, I will have some brand new quilt block patterns designed by my son, Gavin Eutsler.  He has been working on a couple of pieced block designs, and one paper piecing block that makes me laugh.  It's so funny!  Keep an eye out for these.

Until next time...have a super day!

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I made a jacket from blocks such as your Stack the Decks. Actually I made four jackets. One for my Sister in B/W and Bright Green, Mom has two one patriotic and other wine and tan, the last for me that is all novelty cats. Check out my website if you want to see them Gifts page for Mom and Sister. Don't know if you are in to thinking outside the box... Sandi

    ReplyDelete