Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dreaming of a White Christmas...


Frosty Table Runner

Yes, we're dreaming, here.  No white Christmas in sight.  It's been warm enough to play outside this week.  And though we had a small cold front come through last night, it wasn't that cold!  Not that I like to be cold - I don't!  It just seems more  Christmas-y when it snows a little bit.  Maybe you are having a little snow in your corner of the world.  Just a little.  Smile.

So, I worked on my Frosty Table Runner this week.  The whole center section came together yesterday.  Everything went smoothly.  Frosty is fusible appliqued with a tiny zig-zag stitch around the edges.  The evergreen trees are paper pieced.  The tree trunks are made out of a metallic etched leaf print - very pretty!  The block background fabric looks like falling snow.  I'm going to add a thin red border, and then another blue border to finish it off.



Here's the Frosty Quilted Trivet.  It is made from the same Snowman block as the table runner.

In other news, be sure to mark your calendars for January 11, 2012.  I will be a guest blogger at the Quilting Gallery on that day.  I'm so excited!  I will be having a giveaway of one of my patterns, too.  If you have not been to the Quilting Gallery, you should visit.  It's a great site.  They have contests, giveaways, and links to endless quilting bloggers.  My favorite feature is the way they have the quilting bloggers set up.  You can look up bloggers by country or state, to find other quilters near you, or meet someone from across the globe.

Until next time....please visit the Curlicue Creations shop, and have a super day!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment