Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Trip to "The Big City"

Do you remember Andy Griffith and the town of Mayberry?  Every now and then they would take a trip to Raleigh.  They always called it "the big city".  LOL.  But Raleigh is a nice place & the closest "big city" to where I live.  Last Friday I went into Raleigh to do some shopping.


First I went to the ReTails thrift shop where I picked up these great patriotic fabrics.  I always love red, white, and blues!



Then, I tried a new sewing shop I unexpectedly came across.  It was the Sew Unique Sewing Center, www.sewuniquefabrics.com.  They had a nice selection of quilting fabrics and some terrific new machines for sale.  I picked up a couple of fat quarters for my Dear Jane quilt.


I couldn't resist this cute, quilty clipboard I found at yet another thrift shop.  It has magnets on the back, so I can put it on my refrigerator with a reminder list of all my "things to do", write blog, bake apple pie, kiss the kids, etc.

I worked on two more blocks for my Dear Jane quilt, E9, Quilt Jail, and D-12, Crossed Swords.  Crossed Swords kind of reminds me of the Star Trek symbol.  Here, as I promised are my B row blocks.  I'll post the Row C blocks next time.


B-1 Batchelor Buttons

B-2 Sweet Tater Pie

B-3 Mirror Image

B-4 Chris's Soccer Field

B-5 Hot Cross Buns

B-6 Wild Goose Chase

B-7 World Series

B-8 Water Lily

B-9 Tinker Toy

B-10 Jud's Trophy

B-11 Melissa's Cross

B-12 Starflower

B-13 Four Corner Press




Primrose Promise

Here's a sneak peek at my next sensational pattern, Primrose Promise.  Just a little more testing and tweaking and it will be available in the Curlicue Creations shop, curlicuecreations.com.  It's on my clipboard list...really!

Thanks for reading the Curlicue Creations blog, and have a super day!

Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment