Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Llama Sewing Practice

 This is Lloyd the Llama.  He's a super cute pattern by Funky Friends Factory.  My assignment was to make one in some upcoming secret sewing fabrics that I can't show you at this time.  I don't have a lot of experience sewing stuffed animals, so I made this one for practice first.

 I used the Sweet Oak fabric collection from the August Quilty Box for this project.  It was also a great opportunity to try the new Frixion gel pens that were also in that box.  Click here to see everything included in the August 2019 Quilty Box:  What's Inside the August 2019 Quilty Box?

 I traced the pattern pieces onto some old template plastic.  I have a huge stack of this stuff stashed away in a basket.  It worked really well for this project.

 I traced around the pattern pieces with the Frixion pens onto the back of my fabrics.  

 I used the cute yellow snail fabric for the body of my llama.  

 And this sweet leaf print for the ears, face, and feet.

 The llama was fun to sew, but definitely a challenging project for me.  

 I'm glad I did a test sew.  I learned a few things that I did differently when I made the final llama, like how to position the ears properly and which piece to have on top while sewing seams.  The Funky Friends Factory thankfully has an online photo tutorial that was very helpful while constructing Lloyd.  The photos were spot on and helpful tips were included in the tutorial.

 Here I am sewing the whole llama together.

 Clipping curves and prepping to turn right side out.

 Stuffing time!  I stuffed him so tight it was tough to hand sew the opening closed.

 Lloyd the llama in the wild - side view.

Lloyd the llama in the wild - front view.  What a cutie!  I enjoyed making him.  If you would like to sew one, check out the Funky Friends Factory website.  You can get patterns to sew Lloyd Llama and his partner Alice Alpaca (equally cute!), plus so many other adorable animals!

Be Creative ~ Sew Something Beautiful Today.

Jennifer Thomas


Connect with me:



Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment